Why get financial advice?
Financial advice can help you make better decisions about your financial future at any stage in your life. You work hard so why not make sure your money is working as hard as you are?
The value of good financial advice isn’t exclusive to ‘the wealthy’. We all have the potential to build financial independence. A skilled Financial Adviser could help you reach that potential and put thought into action, especially if you tend to put things off.
How can financial advice help you?
The right financial advice can make a real difference and help you:
- define and achieve your financial goals.
- make the most of your money.
- get any government assistance you are entitled to.
- avoid expensive mistakes.
- protect your income and your assets.
- feel more in control of your finances and your life.
What to look for in a financial plan
A financial plan is officially known as a “Statement of Advice” (SOA).
Australian Investments and Securities Commission (ASIC) says a good Statement of Advice (SOA) should:
- address the reasons you sought advice.
- include recommendations that are relevant to you.
- refer accurately to your assets, liabilities, income and expenses.
- have a defined scope and explain what advice is and isn’t being provided.
- give cashflow projections (where relevant) to show how the recommended strategy will fit your income and expenses.
- present the advantages and disadvantages of complex strategic recommendations (if relevant).
- explain how financial products fit into the overall strategy and your risk tolerance.
- state all the costs.